About Our Northeast Heights Neighborhood
Mission Hill Apartments is in the Northeast Heights of Albuquerque, New Mexico. You'll love our location because our apartments in Northeast Albuquerque are minutes from the ABQ Uptown Shopping District, Coronado Center, Trader Joe's, the only Super Target in Albuquerque, the new IMAX theater and Gordman's, Dillards, Macy's, Kohl's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Total Wine and so much more!
Shopping & Restaurants: Close shopping venues include the Farmer's Market, which is just outside the Mission Hill Apartments south gate, offering fresh fruits and vegetables. In the late summer and early fall from your apartment you can smell the fresh green chile being roasted at the Farmer's Market. There is a new Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market just down the street at Menaul and Juan Tabo and a Wal-Mart Supercenter at Menaul and Wyoming. We're lucky to be near Albertson's Market, Keller's Farm Store, GameStop and Marshall's. Our apartments are also near Sprouts Farmers Market, Best Buy, Sam's Club and Costco. Los Cuates, Papa Felipe's Mexican, Sadie's, Paisano's Italian, Venezia's Pizza, O'Niell's Irish Pub, Stufy's Stuffed Sopapillas (you've gotta try them), Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Black Angus Steakhouse, Savoy Wine Bar & Grill and El Patron Restaurant & Cantina are just some of the over thirty casual and fine dining options within a mile or two of your new apartment home. And we would be remiss if we didn't mention Mission Hill Apartments is one block east of the quaint Taco Sal Restaurant and Octopus Car Wash made famous by the popular Emmy Award winning television series "Breaking Bad." Fans, check out the "Breaking Bad Tour" presented by ABQ Trolley.
Parks & Recreation: Albuquerque has over 31,000 acres of city parks and recreational areas, placing it atop the nation with 28% of the city land mass designated as parks. Mission Hill Apartments in Northeast Albuquerque is within minutes of several city parks (Matheson Park, Snow Park and Conchas Park), including the Don Juan de Onate Park with 4 public color coat tennis courts. But our favorite has to be the huge 34-acre Los Altos Park, located at the northwest corner of Eubank and I-40, only 5 minutes from your new apartment home. Los Altos Park houses six lighted public tennis courts (color coat), the Los Altos Dog Park, 4 lighted softball fields, an indoor pool, playground, 12 horseshoe courts, barbecue grills and 11 picnic tables. The park also includes the hugely popular Los Altos Skate Park, which is the largest skate park in Northeast Albuquerque. The skate park is designed for BMX bikes, skateboards and in-line skates. If you enjoy gardening you've got to check out the Albuquerque Garden Center in Los Altos Park, and the Albuquerque Rose Garden at the Tony Hillerman Library just down the street behind Hoffmantown Shopping Center.
If golf strikes your fancy, across I-40 south of Los Altos Park is the Los Altos Golf Course, a public 18-hole course that also has a driving range, pro shop and grill.
Our awesome location in the Northeast Heights on Menaul affords our residents with the ability to exit the main gate and travel east 2 miles until Menaul Blvd. dead ends at the base of the Sandia Mountains, where you'll find plenty of parking, Foothills Open Space, picnic shelters and an access point for the Foothills and Embudo Trails. To download a map of Albuquerque's Open Space and Wilderness Trails click here.
There are a lot of things to do and see around Mission Hill Apartments, wouldn't you agree?
Day Cares, Preschools & Kindergarten: There are at least nine locations within 4 minutes of Mission Hill Apartments. Bright Beginnings is right next door to Mission Hill Apartments. Kids Academy and Smiling Faces offers night time hours until 10pm.
- Academy Montessori Preschool - 11216 Phoenix NE - (505) 299-3200 - 2 minutes away
- Bright Beginnings - 9924 Menaul NE - (505) 639-5344 - 0.50 mile away
- Bright Minds Academy - 3744 Eubank NE - (505) 299-1406 - 4 minutes away
- Kids Academy Child Learning - 11500 Menaul NE - (505) 237-1080 - 3 minutes away
- La Petite Academy - 12215 Towner NE - (505) 294-3703 - 4 minutes away
- Little Corral Day School - 10111 Constitution NE - (505) 299-0633 - 3 minutes away
- Play to Learn Day Care - 10820 Menaul NE - (505) 323-7529 - 2 minutes away
- Sandia Montessori School - 3240 Juan Tabo NE - (505) 293-6614 - 3 minutes away
- Smiling Faces Day Care - 2445 Chelwood Park NE - (505) 296-0123 - 3 minutes away
Public Schools, Private Schools & Libraries: Your apartment is located in the Albuquerque Public School (APS) districts of Collet Park Elementary School (within 0.5 mile), Jackson Middle School and A Rated* Manzano High School (Go Monarchs!), all with bus service to Mission Hill Apartments. And we're near the A Rated* Southwest Intermediate Learning Center. We have two libraries within two miles of home, the Juan Tabo and Tony Hillerman (formerly the Wyoming Library) branches (both with free Wi-Fi). For current hours of operation click here or call customer service at (505) 768-5170.
- APS - Collet Park Elementary - 2100 Morris NE - (505) 298-3010 - within 0.5 mile
- APS - Jackson Middle School - 10600 Indian School NE - (505) 299-7377 - 4 minutes away
- APS - Manzano High School (A Rated*) - 12200 Lomas NE - (505) 292-0090 - 6 minutes away
- Southwest Intermediate Learning Center (A Rated*) - 10301 Candelaria NE - (505) 296-7677 - 2 minutes away
- Sunset Mesa Schools - 3020 Morris NE - (505) 298-7626 - 2 minutes away
- Juan Tabo Public Library - 3407 Juan Tabo NE (north of Canderalria) - (505) 291-6260 - 4 minutes away
- Tony Hillerman Library - 8205 Apache NE (at Menaul & Wyoming) - (505) 291-6264 - 3 minutes away
Colleges, Institutes & Continuing Education: Based on results from Mapquest, Mission Hill Apartments is only 3 minutes to the Ayurvedic Institute, 5 minutes from Brown Mackie and 7 quick minutes to the CNM Montoya Campus. If you're a Lobo attending the University of New Mexico you are only 8 miles or 17-20 minutes from campus (Eubank south to Central and west to UNM). No less than eleven colleges, universities and institutes are within 15 minutes of our convenient Northeast Heights location. Better still, we realize as a student it can be hard sometimes to make ends meet and that's why when you sign your lease bring us a current school schedule from one of the schools listed below we'll give you a monthly student discount off your rent. Just a little extra spending money for all of those trips to the coffee house.
- Ayurvedic Institute - 11311 Menaul Blvd. NE - (505) 291-9698 - 3 minutes east on Menaul
- Brookline College - 4201 Central Ave. NW - (505) 880-2877 - 21 minutes away
- Brown Mackie College - 10500 Copper Ave. NE - (505) 559-5200 - 5 minutes away
- Carrington College - 1001 Menaul Blvd. NE - (505) 200-3745 - 13 minutes west on Menaul
- CNM - Main Campus - 525 Buena Vista Dr. SE - (505) 224-3000 - 11 miles or 18-21 minutes away
- CNM - Montoya Campus - 4700 Morris St. NE - (505) 224-5551 - 7 minutes away
- CNM - Rio Rancho Campus - 2601 Campus Blvd NE, Rio Rancho - (505) 224-3000 - 32 minutes away
- CNM - South Valley Campus - 5816 Isleta Blvd SW - (505) 224-5000 - 29 minutes away
- CNM - Westside Campus - 10549 Universe Blvd NW - (505) 224-5360 - 30 minutes away
- DeWolff's College - 1500 Eubank Blvd NE - (505) 296-4100 - 2 minutes away
- ITT Technical Institute - 5100 Masthead St. NE - (505) 828-1114 - 14 minutes away
- Lewis University - 2440 Louisiana Blvd. NE - (505) 255-3947 - 5 minutes away
- National American University - 4775 Indian School Rd. NE - (505) 348-3700 - 9 minutes away
- National American University West - 10131 Coors Blvd NW - (505) 348-3750 - minutes away
- Pima Medical Institute - 4400 Cutler Ave. NE - (505) 881-1234 - 10 minutes west on Menaul
- Southwest Acupuncture College - 7801 Academy Rd. NE - (505) 888-8898 - 9 minutes away
- Southwest University of Visual Arts - 5000 Marble Rd. NE - (505) 254-7575 - 10 minutes away
- Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute - 9169 Coors Blvd. NW - (505) 792-2976 - 31 minutes away
- University of New Mexico - 1 University Blvd. NE - (505) 277-0111 - 8 miles or 17-20 minutes away
- University of Phoenix - 5700 Pasadena Ave. NE - (505) 821-4800 - 15 minutes away
Bus Service: Mission Hill Apartments is located on the Menaul Route of the busline serviced by ABQ Ride, part of the City of Albuquerque mass transit system. We're also just one block east of a stop on the Eubank Route accessible by exiting out the south gate. UNM Students: Take the Eubank bus south to Central and then hop on the Route 66 busline which stops right in front of the UNM main campus across the street from the famous Frontier Restaurant, with their scrumptious sweet rolls. Visit ABQ Ride for schedules and updates. Download the ABQ Ride iPhone/iPad app for free.
Paved Trails & Paths: Bicycling magazine's top 50 bike-friendly cities for 2012 listed Albuquerque as the 20th best bike city in America. Albuquerque has more than 400 miles of paved on-street bike paths and multi-purpose trails and the Duke City track is the largest covered BMX facility in the world. Mission Hill Apartments is less than a block north of the Paseo de las Montanas trail, a main asphalt path that connects ABQ Uptown and the ABQ Ride Uptown Transit Center to the switchback trails in the foothills of the Sandias. You'll pick up this trail by going out the south gate and riding behind the Farmer's Market. Pretty cool don't you think? To download the full-color City of Albuquerque Bike/Walk/Hike Map click here.
We really love our location in Northeast Albuquerque, and we know you will too! With about 300 days of sunshine a year in Albuquerque you'll have plenty of time to explore your new Northeast Heights neighborhood.
This community is very centrally located! You will love our Northeast Heights location because at Mission Hill Apartments everything is within your reach.